Tuesday, December 9, 2008

POP! Final

For our ETHS 210 final, we had to perform in POP! (Producing Our Power). I was a part of Skit Group number 2. For our performance, we intended to have Angelie sit with a laptop onstage and pretend she was typing out blogs, and have Abby read the blogs backstage as a voice-over, and the rest of us would be in the background, illustrating what she was saying. We did three blogs; Hyphen's letter to the editor, the food unit, and the midterm.

Originally, we planned to have the stage lights dimmed as transitions between the blogs, but the person controlling the lights didn't dim the lights at all and we had to make do. I think the performance might have been better if we'd have more time to practice, actually have seen the stage beforehand, and coordinated with the lights person so they'd know when we wanted the lights dimmed.

It was pretty hard to get together with so many people having conflicting schedules and living so far from school. I remember when working in a group in high school was much easier, since no one had part time jobs and everyone went to school at the same time. Back then, we could say 'Oh let's meet up during lunch!' and everyone would be free, but we don't even have a lunch time now.

Overall, POP! turned out way better than I excepted it to be. Everyone performing did a great job. I just wish I got to see our class' performance. I was nervous before being on stage, but once I got out there, it was pretty fun.

No comments: